Friday, June 6, 2008

I am starting to get feedback concerning the methods and strategies that I have shared with parents in my Book. It was interesting to note the different reactions from these parents and their children.

In Chapter 3 ''Setting Schedule'' of my book, I showed the Daily-Schedule (home studying hours) that Lin Ying(my daughter) and I had drawn up. It was an ambitious schedule involving 6 to 8 hours of studying (each day) at home from Monday to Sunday. When the parents (readers) saw the schedule they had some reservations on its applicability in their situations. Surprising it was their children(when shown the schedule) who were more acceptable to the study hours in the schedule.

One mother told me that her boy said he could do it (follow the same schedule) and she believed that her boy was motivated by the sizeable leisure hours (time for gaming, watch tv programme, ...) that were shown in the Daily-Schedule.

Another father said that the schedule would not be suitable for his Primary 2 child. Of course not, that schedule was drawn up for Lin Ying when she was left with only 10 months to her PSLE. At that time, her grades were mediocre and there were so much to catch up. We (mother and child) had agreed on a few ambitious targets and they were the reason that drove us to draw up an equally ambitious schedule. Surprising when that father showed his Primary 2 child the schedule, I was told that the child was open to the idea and immediately went about drawing up his own daily schedule.

It was definitely very pleasant to get feedback like the above. It is nice to know that my experience when shared with others creates some positive impacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment