Tuesday, June 24, 2008

PSLE Science Syllabus covers topics learned from P3 to P6

In my book, in Chapter 8 "Preparing for the Science Paper", I mentioned that the PSLE Science syllabus consists of topics from Primary 4 to Primary 5. This was a genuine mistake on my part and I hope that my readers will realise the 'mistake' immediately upon reading it. Our Primary School children start learning the Science subject from Primary 3. So the PSLE syllabus includes all topics from lower primary to upper primary, (Primary 3 to Primary 6).

The important point about these Science topics is that many of these P3-P5 topics are rather independent from those taught in P6. So if they are not properly revised again during the P6 year, most students would only remember the concepts in these topics vaguely and not do as well in their PSLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment